Monday, October 29, 2007

Taranaki and Moon


Moon seems to have a very strong effect on my moods.
It seems in our daily lives little respect or appreciation to the rhythms and flow of nature is given, yet so vulnerable and influenced we are by the seasons and cyclic patterns.




As I have injured my 'good knee' as opposed to my already scarred and slightly wobbly motorcycle crash knee, I am pretty stir crazy at not being able to get up the mountains or out on the motorcycle.

So looking back to the last time in Taranaki. My very fit and sprightly mum and I headed up to Pouakai hut. Managed to miss the rain and shelter from most of the strong winds but unable to get much view from the top of the ranges. However some lovely gnarly old trees on the way.


All smiles, we leave the car park.
Mum getting slightly frustrated with my constant photographing I think.
Weathered and tortured by the elements, these hardy trees grow despite it all.



Down to the sea to see what I can see.
Who needs a brand new aquarium built on a prime rock pool location in Wellington. One only has to spend time hunting around to discover all sorts of life in all sorts of colours, shapes and textures.





Run away star fish. I was totally surprised how fast these creatures can move when the mood takes them.
A whole new world, one that goes on continuously day and night each and every creature living its life in the way designed, just doing what they do, despite our interference in the world. But for how long will this be. So important it is to let these environs be in the natural state, as unaffected by human impact as possible.